Wednesday, October 29, 2008

G Pittman Transfering / BYU Basketball


I'll admit I was pretty bummed yesterday when I found out that G will be transfering. I've been exited for this kid ever since he came to BYU two years ago. I actually had the chance to talk to him last year when I ran into him when we were both waiting in line in the bookstore. He was a really nice kid and it seemed he really liked being here at BYU and was exited to get him chance to play.

I trust Bronco and his assessments, but I think this is one kid where they missed up big time. He should have been starting in front of Brandon Howard. I think anyone who has seen a game or practice would agree. I'm not convinced that academics was the only reason he left. I feel he was frustrated by his role on the team. Anyways he's gone and we're going to need Gary Nagy, Cameron Comer, and Garrett Nicholson to step up and be our "shut down corners" of the future. By the way, I hate the term "shut down corner". It is way over used.

I'll be headed to the BYU Basketball tip-off tonight at 7:00. I'm exited to see what some of the new guys look like. Mostly Jackson Emery (post mission), Lamont Morgan (post redshirt), Charles Abouo (post prep school), and Noah Hardtscok (post mission). I'll probably give an update on how it went tomarrow.

No comments: