Sunday, December 7, 2008

I think I owe JT an appology...for now


Yesterday's win over Utah St was huge. Not only did we beat a good team in Utah St....we actually won a game without Lee Cummard having to be like the government and bail us out. Jonathan Tavernari, who I've been very critical of, actually was one of the main reasons we won. Yes he did take his normal 5-6 terrible shots per game, but his hustle plays were the difference in the game. His steals were huge momentum swingers and sources of offense that were desperately needed without Lee in the game with foul trouble. Props to Jimmer Fredette for stepping up and drilling some huge 3's and the and-one at the end. Click here for video recap

Also of note is that I won a bet with a huge Aggie fan and now she has to wear a BYU shirt around for a day...so hopefully that will be as humilliating as possible.

Speaking of Aggie fans, I think its funny the way Utah St. thinks that they are big rivals with BYU. What makes it even more hilarious is that they REALLY HATE BYU. I would even guess they hate BYU way more than Utah. I think they might even hate us more that Utah does. Why all the hate? We don't hate you :) I guess it is probably the same reason that Utah hates us. Because they couldn't get into BYU so they're jealous? Because you think we think we are better members of the church than you just because we go to BYU? Thats just retarted. Get a life and stop wasting your time hating on BYU.

Around the world of sports, even though its hard for me to say, but congratulations to Cashmere for winning the Washington 1A State playoffs, and representing the old CWAC. Behind Ephrata, I think Cashmere is the next team I disliked the most in high school out of the old CWAC. On a crazy and suprising note, 2A powerhouse Prosser lost a heartbreaker in the finals. Click here for a video recap. I couldn't believe it when they lost...one of the best high school games ever in the state of Washington! I thought they'd win by 3 TDs after I saw them play last week for only a quarter.

Also of note is BYU will be playing Arizona in the Vegas Bowl. Alot of Coug fans are complaining about going to this bowl but I think we should be grateful. It could be worse. We could be playing in the New Mexico bowl! Yuck. If we can't go to a BCS game, then Vegas is the next best bowl. I just hope TCU plays Boise State in the Poinsettia bowl in San Diego so they can show just how much better the MWC is than the WAC!

4 comments:

Adam said...

Good post, but I hate that picture. I can't even look at it.

I too am bewildered by Utah State fans. In fact I planned on writing about them today on my blog.

Mark Petersen said...

Ya I agree with your post about them today. The Aggie fans have the enthusiasm, but lack the class.

Libertad y Justicia said...

dude that Prosser game was intense, I know how they feel. Its not a good feeling to lose a game like that. Cashmere a 1A school? Doesn't seem right to me still. Maybe I am just bitter because Quincy sucks so bad, even if they were 1A they would still suck so it doesn't really matter.

Mark Petersen said...

ya that was a tough loss. But I don't feel bad for Prosser, they're too good to feel sorry for. As for Cashmere and Quincy, like we said last week, just go back to the old CWAC! Better and older rivalries. Easier travel.

I'm sure they'll realign again in a few years so hopefully we can drop down or those other teams can move up.