Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Worst year ever?


Ya this year has been hard on us Seattle sports fans. There is a great article on ESPN.com written by Jim Caple and Outside the Lines that covers just how bad it has been for us. Here's the link. Its a great read. Even for fans not from Seattle. You have to admire that fan, Lorin Sandresky, for his loyalty. And here I thought I was the loyalist Seattle sports fan. This guy actually would wait for the teams to get home from their flights! Trust me read the article.

I've been avoiding writing about the terrible weekend for BYU sports. I feel bad for the basketball team for absolutely getting robbed. I have never seen such a poorly officiated game in my 25 years of existence. No joke. I'm not exaggerating. How bout that star treatment for James Hardin? Ridiculous. Not to mention that the last play was inconclusive. It just goes to show that Pac-10 people take care of themselves and the national media and ESPN just look the other way. BYU should never play another Pac-10 school in anything unless it is on a completely neutral court with non-partial refs or replay officials. Hopefully the team can recover from this and beat Wake Forest on Jan. 3. That is going to be a huge can for us. It will be our only chance to get national attention and rebound from a tough loss.

On that note. I don't feel bad for BYU football, except for Austin Collie. Our coaching staff is too stubborn, ignorant, or just plain clueless in our offensive and defensive schemes. I heard it said once that a team reflects from a coach's personality. BYU now plays exactly as Bronco is, emotionless, passive, makes excuses, and unwilling to adjust. This team has talent coming back next year but the way we play in our formations and play calling, there is no hope to do anything special next year. Which is why I feel bad for Austin Collie, the guy is a stallion, a gamer, one of the best players to ever play at BYU. I don't blame him for wanting to get out of this mess and coaching staff. I will go into greater depth on our offensive and devensive schemes and why they are so bad in the off-season. Let me state that I like Bronco as a person. He would be a great Elder's Quorem President. But lacks in football IQ.

1 comment:

Libertad y Justicia said...

Those refs for the Basketball game should be banned from ever reffing again, I really feel I could have done a better job and I havent even reffed a game. They had an agenda and stuck with it all the way until the last call of the play. Shame on the Pac 10.