Monday, January 19, 2009

Chillin with the new recruits / WSU Pharmacy School Interview

Well with school/life starting to crank up this last week I haven't had the time to write much, but thanks to MLK Jr., I have a bit of extra time today!

Two weekends ago I was hanging out with some friends at a party and guess who shows up? None other then the BYU football recruits who were on their official visits. Among them that I recognized: the legend himself Manti Te'o, Xavier Su'a Filo (pic above), and Kyle Van Noy (pic below). There were a few other ones but I couldn't recognize their faces. I try and follow most of BYU's recruiting from scout.com and I was wishing that I had spent more time looking at the lower 3 and 2 star recruits' pictures so I could have recognized their faces. Oh well. They all seemed like really cool guys. I actually talked to Van Noy and congratulated him on his committment to BYU. Cool kid. I felt stupid trying to convince Manti and X-Man to commit so I resisted the temptation.
On a side note, I don't have a good feeling about Manti (pic below) coming to BYU. I guess I'm just scared b/c of what happend with Uona Kaveinga last year and Stanley Havili the year before. (They both went to USC instead of BYU) On the other hand, I have a good feeling about Xavier. Jay Drew (Salt Lake Tribune) mentioned on his blog that he heard from a good source that X really like BYU. I trust Jay most of the time. Not as much as Wrubel though. I really need to get a substription to Total Blue Sports (scout.com) which gives tons of inside info on BYU recruiting. But then I'd just spend more time looking at BYU stuff (I already spend too much time).
I can't wait for Feb. 4 which is signing day for all the recruits. I'll probably do a breakdown on all the recruits in February. Come on Manti! We need you!

On a positive sidenote. I have the most important interview of my life coming up this Friday. I'll be interviewing at the Washington State School of Pharmacy in Pullman. It's my only interview at it's really where I want to go to school so I'm really exited/nervous. I won't know until the first week in March if I get accepted so it will be a nerv-racking month and a half. If I do get accepted, I guess I'll become more of a Wazzu fan. I already follow them a little bit but I expect that to increase if accepted.

No comments: