Saturday, November 8, 2008

Utah's win keeps BYU's slim BCS hopes alive


It was a strange day for me on thursday. I was torn. Do I root for Utah to beat TCU so BYU still has a slight chance for the conference title and the BCS? Or do I concede that BYU is just not good enough to beat Utah anyways this year and root against Utah because I don't want them to go to a BCS game? Tough decisions. But I decided to root against TCU, instead of rooting for the dang Yewts. Just to justify it.

Anyways it was a strange seen as I watched the game at Legents Grill in Provo. There were a ton of people there, mostly BYU fans, and they were all cheering for Utah. Of course I understand why they would, but it was just bizarre seeing all these BYU fans rooting for our arch enemy. I chose to watch the game and never cheer outloud for Utah. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was happy inside but I would never cheer openly for them.

I was honestly disapointed as I saw a few BYU football players sitting there watching the game and cheering for Utah. I couldn't believe my eyes. Come on guys!

So just a few thoughts on what has to happen for BYU to get a BCS game. First we need to win the rest of our games. Which will not be easy as we still have games @Air Force and Utah. Then we need either Boise St or Ohio St to lose. If you really want me to explain it to you then I will but I don't want to write a couple more paragraphs just explaining the BCS system. So bottom line, root against Boise St and Ohio St, and just win baby!

2 comments:

Libertad y Justicia said...

Here is a bold prediction, Air Force over BYU. It will take some luck to beat both Air force and Utah on the road.

Mark Petersen said...

Actually I would not be surprised if we lost to both Air Force and Utah. Air Force is a really good team, especially on the road. Plus our defense will have trouble stopping their running game.