Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where are you Matt Hasselbeck? / G Pittman transferring to WSU!


I feel I need to say a bit about my beloved Seahawks. I seemed to get caught up in BYU sports and the Mariners, but believe me, I still love the Seahawks. Just ask Adam or Brett if they remember the 2006 Super Bowl where I almost started breaking things in Russ's parents house in Orem. I'm not sure if I've been as pissed after a sporting event in my life. For sure I've never been so upset at officials in my life. I was probably more disappointed/despressed after the Quincy state championship basketball game in 2005, but not pissed like the Super Bowl.

Anyways I was getting exited last week after the Hawks played well and beat down the 49ers, (led by drawer dropping Mike Singletary). There was hope. Even if our records was only 2-5. Luckily we play in the worst division in football where the best team right now is the Arizona Cardinals, who just happen to be notorius for choking is big situations.

Unfortunately we pulled another dud today as we got owned by the Eagles. Dropping our record to 2-6. This is already our third loss at home this season! I can't even remember three losses since 2004 at Qwest field. We always seem to dominate at homeBut don't lose hope yet Hawk fans! I was checking out our schedule and it is favorable. We still play Arizona twice, which could get us back into the divisional race.

But it all hinges on if we can get Matt Hasselbeck back in the next two weeks. If we can't get him back within 3 weeks, the season is over. I can see us going 6-2 over the next 8 games if we can get him back next week or the week after. That would put us at 8-8, and assuming we beat Arizona twice, we could win the division. Getting Deion Branch back wouldn't hurt too.

This has been a miserable year in Seattle sports. First the Sonics leave, then the Mariners finish in last place in the AL, then UW football can't win a game. Not to mention how terrible things are in the Palouse with the Washington State Cougars. If you read my blog entry about the Seahawks in August, they were supposed to be Seattle's last hope for what has been a horrible year. There's still time. Get well soon Matt!

While I'm talking about WSU football, I noticed on ex-BYU football player Quinn Gooch's blog that G Pittman is transferring to WSU next year. That would mean he would sit out a year and be able to play in 2010 as a junior. I was stoked to hear this news for a few reasons. First he is a very good player and I want the Crimson Cougs to turn things around. And it puts him in a similar situation as myself, as I am in the process of applying to WSU pharmacy school for next year so hopefully I'll run into G next year in good ol' Washington State.

No comments: