Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Michael Phelps is a God and we are not worthy.


Yes I've been enjoying my time in the greatest place in the world (The Basin/Q-Town). Mostly spending time with the family so haven't had the time to write as much about the Olympics as much as I've wanted to but I thought I'd throw a shout out to the man, the myth, the legend himself, Michael Phelps.

As you've noticed, (and if you haven't where have you been?) Michael Phelps has already won 3 gold medals and is set to break Mark Spitz's record 8 gold medals this year if he can fulfill his expectations in Beijing. I'm sure he can stay motivated because if he wins 8 gold medals, Speedo will give him a 1$ million dollar bonus for being his sponsor. He has already matched the record held by 5 other Olympians with 9 gold medals in a career. We are truly witnessing something special. No matter what happens the next couple of weeks, Phelps will go down as the greatest Olympian of all time. Lets just bask in the greatest.

If you didn't get to see the 4 x 100 relay, you missed something special. The French team had been talking trash the whole week about how they were going to "smash the Americans." Here's
the link.
Here's the link to the video. It makes you realize what the Olympics are all about, whooping other countries. Seriously though, doesn't this video just make you proud to be an American?

3 comments:

Cindy said...

MARKY MARK! you have a blog. my lief is complete. i enjoy this so much.

football season is sooo close i cant almost taste it.

Cindy said...

ok two spelling mistakes.

lief=life

cant=can

Mark Petersen said...

seriously football season can't get here fast enough!!!

I'm glad I can make your life complete Cindy ;)